After a one month hiatus I’m ready to get back to work on this blog. Between the holidays and the acquisition of new puppy named “Finnegan” I’ve been preoccupied – to say the least.
Here’s our new little adorable demon with a small and sweet little friend (Finnegan is the fuzzy one):
So with that, let’s get down to business.
When looking at the summer and the fall of 2021, when delta became the dominant (variant) in this country, … surviving a previous infection now provided greater protection against subsequent infection than vaccination.
— Dr. Benjamin Silk, CDC
This reinforces the results of the Israeli study referenced in a previous post. Another recently published study by Oregon Health & Science University shows that those who are vaccinated and have natural immunity have a type of “super immunity” that is far more effective than vaccination and boosting.
The new study found that it doesn’t matter whether someone gets a breakthrough infection or gets vaccinated after a natural infection. In both cases, the immune response measured in blood serum revealed antibodies that were equally more abundant and more potent – at least 10 times more potent – than immunity generated by vaccination alone.
Yet it is interesting if one does a search for “Covid natural immunity versus vaccination” you will likely still see a string of articles and “fact-checkers” claiming natural immunity is a useless “conspiracy theory” pushed by “anti-vaxxers”.
Meanwhile St. Fauci is pushing for boosters, as well as the potential for a fourth shot.
Question: What do you think of a “vaccine” that requires 3-4 injections within a period of one year? Does that sound effective? Safe?
Speaking of the CDC, the agency that spent 2 years telling us not to wear N95 masks is changing their tune. Drawing upon my past experience in the environmental investigation and remediation industry, I knew from the beginning that cloth and surgical masks were useless against a virus. I had numerous arguments with “healthcare professionals” about this very topic. This was actually my first clue that the pandemic response was about something else other than stopping the spread of a virus – my bullshit meter was pegged.
At present, I do NOT advocate wearing even an N95 mask for a couple of reasons:
- The N95 masks currently available do not have a one-way valve for exhaling. All proper forms of respiratory protection have these types of valves (think of a full face mask like the ones I used to wear). The valve is shut when you inhale, forcing the air through the filtration media. When you exhale the air passes through the valve (path of least resistance). This prevents the pressure inside the mask from lifting up the corners of the mask which will break the seal. These “valve masks” have been effectively banned as part of the pandemic response (if you can even find one).
- Although we never used these types of strap-on fabric masks, we generally used an N95-N100 equivalent (called a P100) cartridge filter as an outer pre-filter as part of a combination cartridge, with the second stage filtering out vapors.
These P100 pre-filters (purple band in the inline image) were designed primarily for particulates 0.3 microns or larger and prevented the main cartridge from getting clogged. These were never specifically designed to filter out pathogens!
- If the mask you’re wearing doesn’t fit properly; if you are constantly touching and adjusting the mask; if you have not been “fitted” with the proper mask design; wearing that mask will provide you with a false sense of security, and may even result in inadvertently exposing you to greater risk.
- I’ve been saying from the beginning that masks (like any PPE) have potential unintended consequences for the wearer. Everything from heat exhaustion, to impaired breathing, and even cardiac stress. Interestingly, CDC has several guides published on the risks of mask/respirator use, but they explicitly EXCLUDE pandemic uses of these devices – which is ridiculous. Factory workers (for example) often work entire shifts in hot dirty environments wearing their masks all day long. How is this any different than a healthcare worker doing the same thing?
- By CDC’s own admission, many of the N95/KN95 masks being sold and distributed do not comply with the standards for particulate filtration (think Chinese junk). So you may buy and wear one, and it isn’t even capable of doing what you think it’s capable of doing.
One final note: I’ve read and heard of employers passing out N95/KN95 masks and requiring employees to wear them. Technically, if an employer does this, they must adhere to OSHA Respiratory Protection Guidelines. This is even explicitly stated on CDC’s website:
Employers who want to distribute N95 respirators to employees shall follow an Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) respiratory protection program.
If your employer distributes and forces you to wear an N95/KN95 mask and does NOT implement an OSHA-compliant Respiratory Protection Program, they are in violation of the law. These programs include criteria such as fit testing, medical monitoring, and training. The fact that CDC and OSHA have – for the last 2 years – carved out exceptions for mask use during the pandemic at all, is absolutely inexcusable. Now that they are pushing N95 use, employees should hold employers to account when they are forced to wear these devices.
Everyone that disagrees with me is a Fascist!
You may (or may not) have heard about the massive Canadian trucker protest rolling across that country on their way to the capitol, Ottawa. They are protesting mandates, vaccine passports, and other draconian pandemic restrictions. Estimates are that the convoy is on the order of about 40 miles long and has tens-of-thousands of participants.
Their goal is to gridlock the nation’s capitol until their demands are met. Justin Trudeau has gone into hiding, and has (predictably) referred to the truckers as a “small” and “fringe” group holding “unacceptable views”.
The “Freedom Convoy” started organically as a response to the imposition of vaccine mandates on both the Canadian and U.S. sides of the border for all truckers carrying goods between the two countries. These mandates were implemented despite overwhelming pressures on a collapsing supply chain (it’s almost like the government WANTS the system to collapse?).
From “heroes” to “white nationalists” – the media is now characterizing the convoy as “white supremacy”, “Nazism”, “extremism”, et al.
Others have claimed this was a plot fomented and organized by Russian President Vladimir Putin (seriously).
Here’s a delightful little political cartoon from the Washington Post showing exactly what is being disseminated to it’s readership:
You should realize (if you haven’t already) that we are now living in an emerging totalitarian state. Dissent will not be tolerated and you WILL tow the line or be demonized, prosecuted, and cancelled. YOU are now the “enemy”. All things for the State, nothing but the State.